Yellow Mountain Imports Traditional American Mahjong (Mah Jong, Mahjongg, Mah-Jongg, Mah Jongg, Majiang) Set with 166 Bone & Bamboo Tiles in Rosewood Box, The Water Margin
Brand: Yellow Mountain Imports
- Vintage-inspired: just as the mahjong sets imported from Shanghai in the 1920s, the tiles of this particular set are hand crafted from snow white cattle bone and delicate slabs of Chinese bamboo; they are stored in a rosewood box with the top side showcasing shell inlays depicting an avian, botanical motif; the rosewood box measures 11 x 8.7 x 3.5 inches (28 x 22 x 9 centimeters); complete set weighs 8.2 pounds (3.7 kilograms)
- Intriguing tile markings: "Outlaws of the Marsh", one of the greatest, classic novels of China, is the story of intrigue, deception, and bluff, the perfect subtext for a mahjong game; the markings for each tile depicts one of the characters of this classic novel, and are inked by hand
- Complete set: handcrafted tiles are slightly smaller than most other tiles in the market, and the color and shape of these tiles charmingly and subtly vary from tile to tile and from set to set; each tile measures 1.3 x 0.9 x 0.5 inches (3.2 x 2.2 x 1.2 centimeters); 166 tiles consists of 36 dots, 36 bams, 36 craks, 12 dragons, 16 winds, 16 wlowers, 10 jokers, and 4 blank spares; a pair of dice, a set of betting sticks, and four wind tiles for determining seating placement are also included
- Versatile set: play both American and Chinese versions of mahjong making it the perfect set that both players can enjoy; tiles include both Chinese characters and Arabic (Western) numerals; to play the Chinese version simply use the red dragons as the 'hong zhong' and the green dragons as the 'fa' tiles
- 30-day return policy: we want you to be satisfied with your purchase; you are backed by our 30-day no questions asked money back return policy so you can buy with confidence
Publisher: Yellow Mountain Imports
At Yellow Mountain Imports, we offer the highest quality materials and attention to detail. This is one of the finest American Mahjong Sets available on the market today.
- Classic: This set is homage to the first mahjong sets imported to America from Shanghai in the 1920s. Just as in the sets of 1920s, the tiles of this particular set are hand crafted from snow white cattle bone and delicate slabs of Chinese bamboo.
- Craftsmanship: Bone and bamboo are cut and carved into tiles one at a time, and the markings are inked by hand. The rosewood box is hand crafted with the top side showcasing shell inlays depicting an avian, botanical motif.
- Complete Set: Includes rosewood box, 166 tiles, a pair of dice, a set of betting sticks, and four wind tiles for determining seating placement.
- 30-Day Return Policy: Here, at Yellow Mountain Imports, we stand behind our product. And with this level of quality, we are confident that you will not want to return it. If for any reason, however, you would like to return it, you can take advantage of our 30-day return policy.
- Rosewood Box: 11 x 8.7 x 3.5 inches (28 x 22 x 9 centimeters)
- Tile: 1.3 x 0.9 x 0.5 inches (3.2 x 2.2 x 1.2 centimeters)